In the recent past, Augmented and Mixed Reality, in conjunction with the advancements in hardware platforms, has presented a novel and unique way to address the most challenging industrial problems. With interactive content becoming the new normal for disseminating information, trouble shooting, remote assist, complex installations/repairs, worker training etc., industries such as Defence, Industrial Machinery, Heavy Engineering have already begun to unlock the potential of Augmented Reality based solutions.
We, at GMMSPL, are fully geared to help our customers integrate Augmented Reality in their processes, be it bringing their new line workers up to speed on complex shop floor tasks, to providing on demand expert assist to clients Globally, or bringing new levels in client engagement. Leveraging our expertise in developing CAD based interactive content; we can now take it a generation forward to integrate a true immersive experience.
Augmented Reality is an audio-visual interactive experience where user is not the part of the experience, but instead is an innate observer. In this, the user is witnessing the simulation in the real world environment, where the object is enhanced through visualization simulation with the backdrop of the existing surrounding. A smart device and/or holo lenses can be utsed in AR experiences.
Augmented Reality provides flexibility to overlay digital information in real world, enhancing the user experience and allows real world information to be taken into account while experiencing digital information. The focus is primarily around real world objects superimposed with digital data, thus augmenting the overall information, but the interactivity remains only with real world objects.
Industrial machinery faces numerous challenges due to the nature of engagement with clients that include installation, training, troubleshooting and maintenance on a regular basis. Often, special equipment commissioning and operations can be challenging due to:
- Installation and initial setup under expert supervision and skilled manpower at site.
- Machine operators don’t perform routine maintenance checks and tasks due to lack of understanding.
- Change of operators requires repeated training for optimum efficiency and output.
- Downtime can cause critical delays in plant operations.
- Not all field service engineers are familiar with all different machine maintenance & repairs, causing delays in
service due unavailability of experts in required location.
- Use of non-prescribed spares/local spares due urgent maintenance calls.
- Inability to understand troubleshooting from maintenance manuals due to complex written
instructions/diagrams and terminology.
- Augmented Reality can solve these issues with established ROI.
Service Delivery Model:
- Offshore services
- Onsite support
- Combination of both
- Dedicated Offshore Design Centre